PIGENERATOR - LET USERS WORK FOR YOU!
The social network consists mainly of 3 parts:
- Users - the people taking part in the social network life;
- Groups - sites created from the users together with the sub-sections;
- Relations between the users and groups:
- Relations group-group. It is created from a user who is owner of at least one of the groups. Example: there is an organization's group and there is a site of a city. The relation is "Organizations from this city ";
- Relations group-user. Each registered user may interact with a group. Example: there is site of a city. A user may interact with the relation "I like this city";
- Relations user - user. The users may interact among each other through "I like", "I follow" , "Friend", etc.;
Let's take look at the detail:
They are the registered users in the site. They might send each other messages and to use the site resources. Each user might edit only his/her own materials. The administrators may edit users materials.
The administrator creates a pattern for a specific group. The pattern represents the structure of the group - what sort of links in the navigation will be represented, and where will they redirect. The administrator may create unspecified number of groups. As an example, if we need our users to create pages of touristic sights, we will make a pattern which has:
- Start page (built in)
- General info of the sight - multitext
- History - multitext
- The sight in Google Maps - map
- News - module for news
- Photos - module gallery
- Video gallery of the sight - video module
- Wall of the sight - wall module
For creation of the structure of a group are used elements. The elements are added or rearranged by simple dragging with the mouse. Up to date the platform has the following elements:
- Link - this is link towards a URL added by the administrator. It is suitable for advertisement link, copyright, etc.
- Static text - the group owner fills in static text. The admin chooses if there will be contact form for the group owner; also chooses if the other users will be able to comment on this text. Example: About us, Contact us.
- Multitext - multitude of texts, added from all registered users. The last added texts stay visible, the older ones are represented intro. The admin chooses if the texts may be commented and if they will appear on the start page of the group.
- News - they are added only once to the group. These are regular feed news with special targeting. Site administrator can specify whether a story is displayed in each group, only in a certain type of group, or in specific type in specific region, municipality or location; may also specify a few random groups in which to display news. Admin can choose the option if the news will be possible to be commented, and whether to be displayed on the homepage of the group.
- Wall - Only registered users can pose questions, post opinions, etc., on the wall. Other users may comment on it. The administrator chooses if the latest posts to appear on the homepage of the group.
- Characteristics/Features - these are the table data that the owner of the group will need to fill.
- Map - used only once. Indicates the location – district-municipality-location and point in Google Map. In the future, when Googlemap is sufficiently detailed, we anticipate to fill in the exact location through the map. The admin may allow the option to comment the map and whether to display them on the group homepage.
- Photos - photo gallery. Any registered user can create albums and upload photos. The admin may allow the option to comment photos, and whether to display them on the group homepage.
- Videos - video gallery. Videos might be uploaded both from PC files and Youtube links. The admin may allow the option to comment videos, and whether to display them on the group homepage.
- Estates - used if we have a real estate agency. In the main site there is a list of all published properties, and here in the group - only those who the owner of the group had posted.
The group content is edited from users authorized by administrator directly on the site.
These are the possible relations between groups and users. The relation in general is created as follows:
- The admin chooses what kind of relation to create: group-group /GG/, user-group /UG/, user-user /UU/;
- Fills in the fields “title of the relation block”, “text for relation creation”, “text for relation deletion”;
- With GG and GU relations it opens the structure of the chosen group type and indicates where/on which pages a specific relation will appear.
- Under GG relations there is no need to do anything - they will just appear in the profiles of users.
If the user has created a relation through “I like this sight” in the group Shipka peak, user’s picture with note and link to his/her profile in the block “People who love this sight”. An icon with comment towards the sight appears in the user’s profile – feedback is created.
Admin can create and manage unlimited number of relations.